House Doctors Handyman of Central Kentucky is growing, and we are looking for an experienced estimator to join our team of multi-skilled carpenters, craftsman and handyman technicians.
When you join the House Doctors Team, you'll work as a professional and trustworthy consultant to your customers by assessing their situation and developing solutions to their problems. This work involves performing estimates of residential/commercial maintenance and repair tasks for our customers. We line up all your jobs, provide you with a guaranteed wage and bonus incentives. This is a full time, W-2 position and you will have, liability & workers comp insurance, a well-marked company vehicle, logo wear, office support and a great work environment. An incumbent in this position exercises considerable independence in the performance of duties and receives general guidance from a superior. Our service area includes from Elizabethtown to Louisville.
Benefits We Provide:
- Guaranteed pay with opportunity for increase in 90 Days
- Performance Recognition
- Paid Holidays
- 1 Week Paid Vacation After 1 Year
- Continuous Year-Round work
- Variety of Work
- Regular Work Hours/Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Company Van or paid mileage
- Office Support
- 401k-Individual Retirement Account
- Supplemental insurance
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
Excellent customer service, communication and organization skills. Good listening and interpersonal skills. Punctual and dependable. Ability to follow a system and various scripts. Basic administration and office skills. Selling practices and knowledge; closing skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the building trades
- Knowledge of the safety hazards and precautions required in the building trades
- Must be a quick thinker, able to examine a problem situation and come up with a resolution in a prompt and professional manner
- Ability to make accurate repair and maintenance estimates
- Ability to compile reports of project estimates, including work to be performed and the material and labor costs involved
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, fellow employees, and the public
- Ability to remain informed of changing costs in building materials and home repair labor
- Capacity to understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to reach, balance, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, and walk for up to four hours per day and to climb up to two hours per day or more
- Ability to use up to twenty pounds of force frequently and lesser amounts constantly to move objects
- Must be able to pass a background and drug check
- Inspects project sites to determine the type and extent of work needed
- Compiles lists of tasks to be performed, the materials required, and the estimated costs involved, both for labor and materials
- Compiles records [Work Order, Job Spec Worksheet, Estimate] and prepares reports [Invoice, Job Summary] of work to be completed
- Remains informed of material and labor costs for projects by trades people such as carpentry, drywall, and painting
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates within the scope of this classification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Four years of experience of journey level building and maintenance work involving at least two of the building trades, at least two years of which must have been in an estimator capacity.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work may be performed indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions, in high places or confined spaces, in conditions of above average levels of humidity, fumes, dust, mist, gases, and poor ventilation.
DRESS CODE: House Doctors Handyman Service attire
- Computer, Calculator, Copier
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and carry the state required minimum liability insurance on his/her vehicle.
MISCELLANEOUS: Other duties and projects as delegated by manager/owner
House Doctors has been helping homeowners and commercial property owners with maintenance, repair and light remodeling projects for over 21 years across the U.S. Our friendly, insured and bonded craftsmen are scheduled to turn up on time and are committed to complete customer satisfaction. We invite you to join a national, but locally owned company that cares about your success and respects you and your talents.
If you are looking for a career, where you can work independently while still being part of a great team, we want to hear from you.
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Based on Skills and experience. Opportunity for pay increase in 90 days.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 2002