Handyman / Skilled Trades / Craftsman
House Doctors Handyman and Home Improvement of Columbus North, OH needs to hire additional Skilled Handyman & Carpenter. If you have 5 years of construction skills including Carpentry, Painting, Drywall, Plumbing and Electrical and want to work for a locally owned company that treats you like the professional you are, you have found the right opportunity.
- A handyman is a highly skilled and professional craftsman who specializes in carrying out various jobs and projects such as performing repairs, maintaining property and performing renovations as needed in private homes, buildings and commercial establishments.
House Doctors provides:
- Year-Round Stable, Steady Work
- Regular Work Hours / Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle after Probationary Period.
- Company Logo Wear and strong office support
- Profit sharing based on overall company performance
- Performance based bonuses
- Tool reimbursement
- Training for career advancement with a growing company
- Drywall and painting repairs
- Interior door and trim installation
- Tile installation and repair
- Minor plumbing and electrical repairs
- Window and Exterior door replacements
- Cabinet installation
- Exterior siding and roofing repairs
- Minor framing repairs
- Small masonry repairs
- Small tech installations such as entertainment and security systems
- Flooring installations
- Small lighting installations
- Garage door system maintenance
- Education and Experience: A high school diploma or GED and minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience required. Knowledge in home remodeling, maintenance and home repair is also required. Specialized experience in various industries will be helpful.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret documents including but not limited to instructions, contracts/agreements, estimates, invoices and home repair terminology specifications. (primarily in English) Ability to respond to questions or complaints from customers effectively, professionally and efficiently. Ability to present information and communicate appropriately with customers, co-workers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages. Ability to calculate and determine dimensions and materials needed to complete jobs assigned.
- Technical Skills: Computer awareness, basic knowledge of standard Microsoft applications and capability of learning company’s software application.
- Personal and Physical Attributes:
- Good customer service, communication and organization skills
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Ability to follow instructions
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs of products and materials.
Vehicle Usage: Employees are required to drive their own vehicle to and from a House Doctors office. Employees are also required to drive to customer’s homes, business’ and suppliers to fulfill basic job functions. Employees may be provided a company vehicle for business purposes.
House Doctors has been helping homeowners and commercial property owners with maintenance, repair and light remodeling projects for over 20 years across the U.S. We invite you to join a national, but locally owned company that cares about your success and respects you and your talents.
We are actively interviewing for this position -If you have the skills we're looking for, apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
Pay: $22 to $26/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time