A House Doctors Technician is a highly skilled and professional craftsman who specializes in carrying out various jobs and projects such as performing repairs, maintaining property and performing renovations as needed in private homes, buildings and commercial establishments.
As well as the above tasks, this position as a Master Carpenter will require the Technician to take a concept and turn it to reality using customer inputs such as pictures or face-to-face site estimates. Examples of some projects: fabrication of decks, stairs, fences, pergolas, framing through finish work of refurbs etc…
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty above to the highest of quality standards. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret documents including but not limited to instructions, blue prints, contracts/agreements, estimates, invoices and home repair terminology specifications; primarily in English. The ability to perform site estimates and develop a Bill-of-Material for the project. Ability to respond to questions or complaints from customers effectively, professionally and efficiently. Ability to present information and communicate appropriately with customers, co-workers, and the general public. Ability to recognize situations and upsell customers on recommended additional work that may be performed to satisfy customers.
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement (metric and imperial), using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages. Ability to calculate and determine dimensions and materials needed to complete jobs assigned.
- Technical Skills: Computer awareness, basic knowledge of standard Microsoft applications and capability of learning company’s software applications and hardware. Use of iOS devices and Applications for communication and productivity. Communication through technology is a key discriminator for this position.
- Safety: Use of protective equipment such as protective eyewear, gloves, steel toe boots, hard hats (site specific) and general construction site safety awareness measures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- It is mandatory the technician always be on time and courteous when performing work in a customer’s home. The technician must provide the customer with professional work completed efficiently and clean. Production, productivity and customer service shall always meet the expectations of company and customer standards. We are the BEST in the business and this is why.
- The technician is required to be in a House Doctors uniform, wear identification badge and place company signs on jobsites while on company time.
- It is the technician’s responsibility to perform all tasks assigned by scheduling and to be able to work independently but within a team environment.
- It is the responsibility of the technician to pick up or purchase the necessary materials and verify all the proper tools needed before they arrive at a job site. This is can only be accomplished if the Tech can view the job details on his/her iOS device 24-48 hours prior to job.
- It is the responsibility of the technician to call or text each customer before arriving at the job site to confirm and keep the customer informed of any potential delays which may arise unexpectedly
- It is the responsibility of the technician to start and stop the automated stop watch on every job and notify the CSR when on the site of the first customer of the day
- It is the responsibility of the technician to call either the CSR or Franchisee when leaving final site of the last customer of the day
- It is the responsibility of the technician to clean up after their job is completed to the satisfaction of the customer and meeting company standards
- It is the responsibility of the technician to represent House Doctors professionally at all times. It is the technician’s responsibility to thank customers for their business and ask them to refer House Doctors to friends and family
- It is the responsibility of the technician to complete all required House Doctors paperwork efficiently and effectively and return all information back to the office or as instructed by management
- It is the responsibility of the technician to handle checks and credit card information in a responsible manner and return payment to the office, or as instructed by management promptly after the work is completed. This information shall remain confidential to protect the customer
- It is the responsibility of the technician to place door hangers on the direct neighbors doors within the community of which the job is performed and utilize yard signs during the duration of the work
- Attend OSHA monthly toolbox meetings and practice safety standards on every job
- Marketing initiatives and misc. projects as delegated by franchisee
- Pre-employment testing and background checks are issued. Personality tests may also be given
Employees may be required to drive their own vehicle to and from a House Doctors office, which may or may not be based out of their home. Employees are also required to drive to customer’s homes, business’ and suppliers to fulfill basic job functions. Employees may also be provided a company vehicle for business purposes. The decision on implementation and both compensation plans will be decided upon by the owner/manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or GED and minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience required. Knowledge in home remodeling, maintenance, home repair and the building materials industry is also required. Specialized experience in various industries will be helpful.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The employee is frequently required to appropriately lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs. of products and materials. The employee is frequently required to crawl, bend, climb and/or stand for long periods of time.
House Doctors attire and clean cut or groomed facial hair is a must.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service, communication and organization skills
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Ability to follow instructions
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate: $25-30/hr paid bi-weekly. Eligible for monthly profit sharing up to 15% of regular pay (excluding OT) after 60 days.
Other duties and projects as delegated by franchisee
Pay: $25 to $30/hour
Job Status: Full Time